Safe Use Of Props
Baby safety when using props is of utmost importance. It is the responsibility of the photographer to provide a safe environment for a newborn/ baby session.
These are a few general safety guidelines to keep in mind when using props:
- Never leave a baby unattended in a prop.
- Place a weight in the bottom of taller or light weight props for added stability (wrist/ ankle weights are great for this).
- Always have a spotter/assistant/parent next to the baby when using props.
- Use a supporting hand/finger when posing the baby and clone it out later in Photoshop.
- Pad adequately for baby safety and comfort.
- Never lift a prop with a baby in it.
Photo props are just that – props – and they are often items that may not have been originally intended to place babies in. Please exercise caution and responsibility when using them to keep babies safe.
Remember some poses are composites of several images with babies being fully supported at all times and supporting hands edited out in post processing.
We check each and every one of our props for structural soundness before sending them.
Please check them for safe use each time they are used as wear and tear or incidental damage can occur over time.
Mollycoddle Photo Props are not responsible for unsafe use of props.